Tomorrow Mother´s Day will be celebrated all over Sweden and for that reason I’m preparing av cake, or is it a tart, or maybe a pie…, well, whatever… just in case anyone would remember their mom. Not likely though, one son is visiting an annual art exhibition i Hjo and the other one is away fishing for salmons in Älvkarleby. So that will probably leave me and Devoted husband with a cake all to ourselves to share and indulge.
- 3 dl flour
- 125 gr butter
- 2 tbsps sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 eggs
- 2 dl sugar
- 2 dl heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- grated rind and juice of one carefully washed lemon and a liokewise carefully wash lime
- 1 sliced lime
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Mix pie dough, roll out and put in a form with removable rim (24 cm in diameter)
- Let rest in fridge for about 30 minutes
- Meanwhile beat eggs and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pour mixture into pie shell and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool. If it feels loose in texture, don’t worry, the cake will set when it gets cold.
- Slice lime and halve the slices and place around the edge of the cake.
- Sift icing sugar over the cake.
If you aren’t afraid of calories you may well serve the cake with some whipped cream.