We all need some recognition once in a while for the work we are doing, whether it’s in school, at work, as a housewife taking care of home and children or, yes, maybe even as a blogger.
I got that recognition earlier this week by Teri, a.k.a fishflybrat who runs the blog Recipes from my kitchen, when she told me she had nominated my blog for the Versatile Blogger Award. That’s an awesome praise for a blog written in somewhat poor English. Thank you so much, Teri, I’m really flattered!
For those of you who haven’t already “met” Teri, she is a flyfisher! Flyfishing is an art and a rather tricky one and a female flyfisher – that calls for RESPECT! So please, pay a visit to her blog, it’s full of yummy stuff!
At first I didn’t know what the Versatile Blogger Award was, but as I understand it it’s a blog award given to you by another blogger, meaning you are actually awarded the award, not only nominated! Did you get that, if not you can read more on VBA. With the award there also come some simple rules of common courtesy:
- Thank your nominator
- Nominate other bloggers (if possible 15!)
- Tell seven truths about yourself
I didn’t manage to come up with 15 nominees (some of my suggestions were already nominated by others), but here are my nominees:
I don’t really like to talk about myself. Anyway, here are some useless facts that’ll give a hint of the real me.
- I am no “glamour girl”, just a true natural
- Humour is an important ingredient in my life – and never underestimate its healing power at both physical and mental conditions
- I am a real sports freak – just watching though. This coming summer is going to be something extra with the European Football Championship, European Athletic Championship and the Olympic Games just to mention a few of the highlights coming up
- I enjoy hiking and biking
- I love my red Prijon kayak
- When the winter weather conditions are right (ice but no snow) I enjoy cross-country ice-skating on wild ice
- I love sitting in bar in Paris – every time, or should I say anytime!
- High heels are my secret passion. I never wear them though, I’m tall enough as it is, unfortunately.
Hm…, number eight was actually a secret, now revealed to the world as a bonus!